Newsroom staff always have a good laugh at the lady with the huge corsage protruding from her shoulder or the gentleman with the handlebar moustache. You want to be the centre of attention, not a distraction.
- Don't wear any complex patterned clothing or very bright colors. (No large stripes, dots or floral etc) Stick with solid color clothing in warm tones like sunset orange or deep red or purple.
- Don’t go all in black or all in white.
- Don't wear big jewellery.
- Small earrings and subtle accessories are great.
- Do wear makeup but don't wear bright lipstick or eye shadow.
- Style your hair neatly and modestly.
- Don’t go overboard to make yourself look too formal. It’s an interview not a wedding.
First impressions are important. Greet the interviewer with a high energy smile and he/she will likely show more interest in your story.