Remember to set your clocks back by one hour before you go to bed Saturday to adjust to Daylight Savings Time, which officially ends at 2 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 3.
Owning a home is one of the single largest investment you will ever make, and with home ownership also come the responsibility of making sure that your investment is well protected and properly maintained to retain it's value and appeal. So here's a few other tips to keep in mind as we head into the Fall/Winter season:
- Store hoses and turn off outdoor water
- Stow your lawn mower
- Drain and turn off sprinkler system
- Seal cracks around doors and windows
- Clean your gutters
- Direct drainage away from your house
- Get your furnace serviced
- Change the batteries in your smoke alarm and Carbon monoxide detector
These are just some of the things you can do to maintain your home, and that will keep you happy and comfortable for as long as you live in it. If you have any questions or need other helpful tips on increasing your home's value, don't hesitate to contact me at anytime.
Your Experienced Realtor,
Barrington Lewis, Sales Representative
CENTURY 21 Leading Edge Realty Inc.
301-1825 Markham Road, Scarborough, ON M1B 4Z9