1. A home within your budget – It’s important to know how much you can afford. Getting pre-approved will help in setting financial boundaries and to potentially live within your means.
2. The location – Knowing what area or neighbourhood you want to live in will make the search easier for yourself and your agent. Take into consideration your commute to and from work, make amenities surrounding the neighbourhood. It’s important for you as the buyer to do your own homework/research on where YOU want to live
3. The type of home – By now, you have established your budget and location, both of these criteria will assist you in how much you home you can purchase. Some neighbourhoods are more affordable than others and therefore could make a difference in buying a semi or detached home. Your Real Estate Representative will be able to conduct searches based on your needs and wants to assist you in making that decision.
4. The condition of the home - You should know if major items such as the roof, furnace, windows, electrical etc have been maintained by the owners. Depending on your budget, your expertise on fixing and your personal time, will help you determine how much work needs to be done to the home.
5. If the home fits you and your lifestyle! Do you feel that connection with the home, does it fit your needs, does it have potential to meet your desire, does it make financial sense, if the home meets most of your criteria…chances are you found your Home!
Nicole Williams is a residential Real Estate Sales representative serving the Mississauga, Brampton, Milton and surrounding area.